Thursday, March 25, 2010

Free Cone Day

Who doesn't love free? And it doesn't get any better than free ice cream, especially when you're talking the yummy goodness of Ben and Jerry's.

Since I'd been away all weekend I decided to ignore the fact that the gas in getting to and fro to the store was more than the cost of the ice cream we'd receive, dismiss the knowledge that the cones would ruin the kids appetites, and become blind to the mess destined to ensue, and do something fun and out of the ordinary. Even the rain and the crowds didn't deter.

Me thinks the kids were pleased.
Nicholas enjoyed some Chocolate Therapy.

Alexa defended her cone of Cake Batter better than I would have liked.
And mommy got some Coconut Seven Layer Bar.

And for a final touch, scorpion tattoos.
It was difficult to resist the temptation to follow the hordes of teens around for a 2nd (or 5th, as some were bragging) cone. We'll just have to wait until next year.

No comments: